the DJ
when I first moved to NYC I was expecting for people to always be interested in the DJ. but that's not always the case. for example, i met someone who was like "oh you DJ at double happiness? that's strange I was there on Saturday. the music was good but I didn't even realize there was a DJ!" (the DJ booth in that place is like tucked away in a dark corner so a lot of times people have no idea I'm even there).
I've also found that a lot of times the DJ's here may not necessarily be wack, but they also don't really add anything to the environment. They were there primarily to fit into the ambiance and atmosphere, not necessarily to be the highlight or reason why people would stick around. but I still give DJ-s more props if they can blend and mix, cuz otherwise you could literally have an ipod on shuffle mode, instead of a real person.
it begs the question: is the DJ becoming irrelevant now?
1 comment:
I think DJ's are more relevant than our blog. we suck
Post a Comment