Thursday, February 22, 2007

white rappers!

ok so my boy Sergio works at the record label OM and is helping establish their hip-hop division. They've signed this group Zion I and from what it looks like, not really sure, but from the video below, it looks like they got this new white guy in the group who is actually kinda dope. It's always good to hear rappers who aren't just black that have skills. I don't know. Being that I'm Chinese and growing up in a small Midwestern college town, one of the only minority cultures I could identify with was hip-hop culture. So although hip-hop culture has very afro-centric roots, it's good to see that it isn't limited to just the black community.





but then I see people like this, who give the hip-hop community every reason to be skeptical of any rapper who isn't black...this is ridiculous




and then there's of course the totally radical VH1 tv show on right now that has white rappers competing with each other. shit is kind of hysterical. And wasup with the females on this show?!! There was actually a hottie that got booted from the show, but HOW COME WHITE RAPPER FEMALES ALWAYS GOTTA BE UGLY AND FAT? I mean I'm a pretty tolerant and non-judgemental dude when it comes to the opposite sex, but this chick is just out of control....

7 comments:

riddickuliss said...

WOW...I don't have the time or patience to do this topic justice.

I'll limit comments to
Egotrip's the white rapper show to start
I have been watching every episode of VH1 religiously, not like I need to watch it for salvation, but like I'm dragged kicking and screaming every Monday night. First off, the they didn't show a single clip from the casting that was really impressive. I don't know if they just got a terrible turn out or what, but the only person on there I thought MIGHT be all right was Dasit, and he eliminates himself on some bullshit in the first round!? Misfit, the hot chick, was SO terrible I can not describe it, easy comparison would be to Lady Sovereign with none of the semi-redeeming qualities, but hey, she's attractive (thumbs down). I could go on for WEEKS

spinnerty said...

i'm predicting marty getting butthurt that you don't know about the Grouch (the white dude with zion i)

riddickuliss said...

I couldn't watch the video, forealz I remember a sorority girl telling me about how dope Grouch was in like '98
haha

dlothebigasian said...

yo so I had no idea grouch actually MC'ed though. he looks different from the pictures I've seen of him too! kinda confused...I'm so not "down"

riddickuliss said...

as far "average homeboy" goes
the following came to mind,
"he works a 9-5 he can't rap, who is this guy? he wears a collared shirt to work, look at'em."

wuk said...

GROUCH!
LIVING LEGENDS!

i used to quote his line "forever rockin' twenty dollar pants to the end" from "simple man" allllll the time 7 years ago. he was sorta dope, but then i realized he's actually boring, and all his beats turned into casiomade cheese.

his collaboration with zion i on "silly puddy" was the jam of the year for freshmen at PAR back in 2000.

and btw ricky, thank you for paying attention to my lyrical content. i know it must be easy to forget i am white at times.

riddickuliss said...

WTF!?
I thought that was Rashad...ewwww white rappers

btw
peep
http://www.myspace.com/peterpartyontv